Currently this instance is very small. At first I thought that I should put up some kind of professional code of conduct in this place, in order to inform new users what kind of behavior was expected. That never really felt quite right though, and I think something more casual better shares what kind of place this is.
I, @dorian, expect everyone to be respectful and accepting of queer and other marginalized folks. No bigotry. I think that's a pretty low and easy bar. This instance isn't themed around any particular politics, and I'm not going to screen people based upon political views. That said, if your political view boils down to "That person doesn't deserve protection/access to resources/life" then you aren't welcome here.
I try to keep up to date on things to keep the Nazis out. Fascist instances are blocked as soon as I learn of their existence. Same with "Free Speech" instances. I do so in order to ensure this space is a safe and enjoyable environment for our members. If you see a nazi, report a nazi.
Please describe any images you upload. It can be done by clicking on the "Edit" button in the top right corner of an image when making the post. Accessibility is important, we want to make sure everyone has the same opportunity to access and engage with our community.
Yanking this from the Contributor Covenant
because I think it's useful:
Examples of unacceptable behavior include:
- The use of sexualized language or imagery, and unwelcome sexual attention or advances
- Trolling, insulting or derogatory comments, and personal or political attacks
- Public or private harassment
- Publishing others' private information, such as a physical or email address, without their explicit permission
- Other conduct which could reasonably be considered inappropriate in a friendly social setting